Motherhood Monday :: Showers, Shows & Shoes!

mm 4This past Saturday was all about Baby G. My baby numero tres  & I went to the cutest baby shower for Tiffani.  She writes the blog The ATL Go To Girl and creator of Tastemaker Magazine. She’s been blessed (like me) to be giving birth to her 3rd baby – a boy!

mm 3The color theme was red, white & blue. I loved that. It made me think of my first born whose birthday is the 4th of July. I think the cutest thing were the watermelon pops! They cut up watermelon in the shape of triangles and put sticks through them. I think my kids would love something like this. Healthy & Cool eating. Tiffani mentioned there’s alot of reading going on in their home, so instead of cards she asked everyone to bring books to help build Baby G’s library! So creative! I might have to use that idea for Baby E’s 1st birthday. I mean what do you do with all those cards anyway!

MM

Sunday was a full day as well. I started my day off with church. We had an old school theme this past Sunday to celebrate my Bishop’s 57th Birthday. When I say old school, I mean we took it back. The deacons lead devotion, people grab the mic and testified, the ushers wore the white gloves, the choir marched in, and we sang all old hymns and songs. It was just a foot stomping good time. It really made me think how much church (or least where I attend now) has changed over the years. I am not sure if that is a good or bad thing.

Yall see me in my blue!! I am 6 pounds away from pre-baby weight in addition to wanting to lose 5 bonus pounds. I know 6 pounds isn’t alot but my pre-baby clothes fit snug so 6 pounds makes a difference (don’t forget my 5 bonus). Plus I am still breastfeeding so my boobs are still bigger than normal. I haven’t worked out in 3 weeks (because I have been TIRED!) but I eat very heathly so the I was still losing wieght in the three weeks I wasn’t working out. I am going to start back tonight.

After church I headed to Atlantic Station to see a pre-screening of the next summer kids hit The Smurfs 2! I went with my friend Yolanda and we both enjoyed it. I was not able to take my children but can’t wait to take them when it comes out. They are going to love it. This movie centers around Smurfette and there are two new smurfs coming to the family.

mm 2When the movie was over, we head to our last event for the day at Famous Footwear. They closed down the store for a blogger group I am a member of and treated us to a Back-to-School good time. That post will come later this week, but I will say I won at $50 giftcard to Office Depot. My husband and I were just talking about getting a wireless printer so this will definitely assist us!

How was your weekend? Relaxing or Busy?

Comments

comments

Yolanda @ Your Unexpected Beauty
    July 29, 2013 at 2:38 pm

I’m tired just reading the post!

July 29, 2013 at 3:02 pm

I added your link on here Yolanda. I forgot to initally.

Kita
    July 29, 2013 at 2:50 pm

I am tired too lol. Blogging is work. Had a semi relaxing weekend I had business meetings on Saturday and Sunday attended the back to school event at tanger outlet. Loving that blue you looking good.

July 29, 2013 at 3:02 pm

Thanks Kita!! I am trying girl!! I would have love to attend the Tanger Event, it was just too far.

Mimi
    July 29, 2013 at 4:56 pm

Sad I missed the event at Famous Footwear. It was so far from my house and after a busy Saturday I just couldn’t swing it! The baby is getting so big!

I forgot about how the choirs used to file in. Church has truly changed in my opinion for the worst. I miss the days when the pastor would shake your hand as you left the church. I think we just need to find a smaller more intimate church to get those details. We are currently at a mega church and I am longing to leave.

Demetra
    July 29, 2013 at 5:52 pm

I LOVE that blue! It’s an amazing color and it looks great on you.

Kimberly
    July 30, 2013 at 1:53 am

Wow! You sure had a busy weekend. You are working that blue dress! My weekend was a mix of busy and relaxing; I spent it in Florida checking out the various Disney World attractions.

Bobbie
    July 30, 2013 at 12:35 pm

Looks like fun-filled weekend. I just relaxed. We have got to get together soon for lunch or something-real soon 🙂

July 30, 2013 at 12:55 pm

Yes yes yes we do Bobbie!!!!!!! Email me, let’s set it up!

Katherine G
    July 30, 2013 at 12:36 pm

Sounds like you had an awesome fun filled weekend. You look beautiful in your blue!! I can’t wait to see the latest smurf movie.

Autumn
    July 31, 2013 at 1:29 pm

You had a very busy (but fun!) weekend. I like the idea of books instead of cards. We all just throw away those cards anyway, right? You were gorgeous in the blue dress! I wish I could have looked so elegant so soon after welcoming baby Danger into the world! The Famous Footwear event was so much fun, wasn’t it? Congrats on your big Office Depot win!

Daphne (aka MushyMamma)
    July 31, 2013 at 1:50 pm

B, you stay on the move. Great recap of your weekend. My weekend was busy but fun, worked a little, blogged a little, had great company/food at a close friends cookout.

Joyce@MommyTalkShow
    August 5, 2013 at 1:20 am

You did so much on Sunday. Good for you! I was exhausted after the Famous Footwear event alone.