W.I.F.E

W.I.F.E :: What is a total DEAL BREAKER for your marriage?

What is a total deal breaker for your marriage? If your husband cheats on you? If he has a baby with another woman while still married to you? If you find out he’s on the down low but still wants to stay married? WHAT? What is a deal breaker? Believe it or not, these examples are not always a deal breaker for marriages. Some women (and men) forgive their spouses and stay married. It all depends on how much a person can handle and how much they are willing to deal with.

I really can’t say that cheating would be a total deal breaker for me. It would depend on many things; how did I find out, who did he cheat with, was it a one time thing, does he love her, does he even want to stay with me now that he’s caught? I can’t say what I would or wouldn’t do until something like that happens. That’s another reason you can’t judge another woman for staying or walking away. Only she knows what is really going on in that household. I will say this, if I found out my man was on the DOWN LOW, I’m out! No questions or comments about it! #Dealbreaker! There are a few more deal breakers I could list, but this is not all about me. Feel free to share yours.

Comments

comments

Mimi
    May 30, 2013 at 1:36 pm

Hmmm…I would say a DL lifestyle would definitely see me out of the door. I can’t really speculate on what would be a total deal breaker other than that.

I tell my husband all of the time if he wants to see someone else to let me know and we can part ways on good terms but if I have to find out, that’s a different story. I agree, I know people whose husbands have cheated on them numerous times and they stay. I can’t say I would do numerous but maybe once. Again I don’t know I have to be in the situation but cheating more than once and with the same person…see..Yeah..I don’t know!!!!

Rochelle Sodipo Washington
    May 30, 2013 at 1:57 pm

A deal breaker for me would be if my husband didn’t love me anymore. Also, if my husband became physically or emotionally abusive. I can’t abide those things.

YUMMommy
    May 30, 2013 at 4:04 pm

The DL lifestyle is definitely a deal breaker. Cheating is a deal breaker for me as well. I think that’s a mistake that you make and work out pre-marriage. For me, I take my wedding vows seriously and I knew before I said I do the level of commitment I was making and the discipline that would be required to make my marriage work and I demand the same from my partner. I don’t think I could ever regain trust in my partner if he strayed as a spouse.

Also, abuse and drugs are deal breakers for me. I know people can change but I also know that people relapse and fall back into their habits before they get better. I have kids now and I wouldn’t put their safety at risk just to give my spouse a second chance.

May 30, 2013 at 5:30 pm

All of the above would be a deal breaker for me cheating, dl, another baby, etc. I even think snoring is a deal breaker for me lol but no honestly I think it depends on the situation only those two people know what they have and what they don’t and what they are willing to accept

YourUnexpectedBeauty Yolanda
    May 30, 2013 at 6:00 pm

I am with Rochelle. My deal breaker is if he doesn’t love me any more cause that can lead to abuse, cheating and just a miserable home life overall.

Mylah Sai
    June 5, 2013 at 12:54 am

My deal breaker is if my husband doesn’t love me anymore. That would be devastating and I would be crushed. Now, if he was on the DL, I’d be ANGRY! LOL!!! Oh, and he can watch me pack up my stuff and start a new life without him.

Dee
    April 11, 2015 at 10:18 am

I think I agree with you. Downlow, denouncing his belief in Christ are deal breakers for me. The others, I really can’t say. Having a child will probably cause me to leave as well. I can deal or figure out the rest. It’s crazy ,but you honestly never really know until it happens and you’re face to face with the situation .