Natural Hair

7 month Big Chop Growth Update

Honestly, there is no other word to describe it … Amazing, at least to me!

I cut my hair OFF 7 months ago (June 2nd) to start over. You can read more about why HERE.
Well, 7 months later I decided to get it straightened to actually see the growth in length. I was having my baby shower Saturday so what better occasion to go see the stylist.

Picture taken: June 2nd & June 3rd

Picture taken: December 5 – with Stylist, Lenette Day

I tried a new stylist at the referral of my co-worker. Also, my hair in the bottom picture was not cut or clipped at all. The layered look is the way my hair has grown back. Lenette told me my hair was very healthy! My appointment was at 8:30 am and she got me in and out!
Well, what I have I been doing for 7 months? I put Jamaican Black Castor Oil on my hair/scalp often (not daily). I keep my hair in protective styles most of the time. Since, I cut my hair it’s either been twisted or braided at least 3 weeks out of a month. Pregnancy hasn’t hurt either, those prenatal vitamins are probably working! Although I still had braids, or twist I still moisturized my hair in the shower or misted it with a water bottle. When I did take out my braids, I would deep condition my hair.
My husband’s mouth dropped when I walked in the house. He literally said, “Wow!” Followed by, “How long are you going to keep it like that?” I said, “Until I wash it!”
I do not plan on straightening my hair again until I hit the one year mark or Mothers Day (11 months). It just depends on how I feel. When I do, I plan on visiting Lenette again for sure. She does natural and relaxed hair and her prices are great!
Stylist information:
Lenette Day / Master Cosmetologist (Specializing in Dominican Styling)
Salon Suites – 2365 Spring Rd
Suite 313
Smyrna, GA 30080
404-663-1525
Prices:
$35 Shampoo w/ Roller Set (no blowout)
$40 Shampoo w/o Blowout (relaxed)
$45 Shampoo w/o Blowout (natural)

Comments

comments

Katherine Phillips
    January 7, 2013 at 1:20 pm

Your hair looks great!! You look absolutely fabulous as always. Now post the gender of that baby lady. Ha ha ha!!!

Redhead Baby Mama
    January 7, 2013 at 1:30 pm

WOWEE! Those natural layers are a knockout! And yes, those vitamins and moisturizers are killing it – you look fabulous!

Britton
    January 7, 2013 at 1:32 pm

Woah! You had awesome growth! Pretty hair!

Michele
    January 7, 2013 at 2:27 pm

Hey there…your hair looks great. Where do get the Jamaican Castor Oil from????

January 8, 2013 at 9:19 pm

I got it at the African Beauty Supply. It was $9.99.

Renae
    January 7, 2013 at 2:28 pm

Whoa! Your hair looks great!!

Cam | Bibs and Baubles
    January 7, 2013 at 9:33 pm

The natural layers are gorge!!! That’s some serious growth girl!!! By May it will be in the middle of your back for sure!

January 8, 2013 at 9:20 pm

Now that would be something awesome!

KDurham
    January 7, 2013 at 9:53 pm

I love Jamacian Castor Oil! IT stinks but it works!! Yes yor hair was layed hunni at your baby shower! Love it and Congrats again!!!

Bobbie
    January 7, 2013 at 11:34 pm

Bernetta….love your hair! You look fabulous. I want to straighten my hair at my 1yr mark, but a lil scare if my curls don’t return. But I still may do it just to see my length

January 8, 2013 at 9:21 pm

Yeah, just do it. YOu will be amazed at how much it has grown.

Andrea
    January 11, 2013 at 3:49 pm

Very nice! Thanks for the referral! The layers are really nice – did you get highlights on the ends? Maybe it’s the lighting …

dea win
    January 14, 2013 at 7:14 pm

LOOKS GREAT! I am a believer in natural hair :). You can have the best of all worlds!