November, December & January are months where holiday traditions & memories are made. Whether it is watching the big game on Thanksgiving, going to the parade on Christmas or spending New Years in Church – at the end of the day we are going to eat good. That made me think of my own family traditions and what we (the hubby & I) are trying to teach our own children. Over the past few years, we have actually traveled to our family’s homes for the holidays. This year we are spending Christmas in sunny Florida! And with the size of my husband’s family, means I personally am not cooking the main dish!
1 1/2 10oz pkgs frozen chopped spinach
1 1/2 cans artichokes (strained and chopped)
1 medium onion, chopped
1-2 cloves chopped garlic
2 T butter
1/2 t. cayenne pepper (or to taste)
Salt & pepper to taste
8oz. Cream cheese
8oz. Shredded Monterey Jack cheese w/ peppers
4oz. Shredded Swiss cheese
4oz. Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
4-6oz. Heavy Whipping cream
4oz. Fresh shredded Parmesan cheese
2. Sauté chopped onion and garlic in butter until tender.
3. With beater/mixer, beat whipping cream on medium speed and gradually fold in cream cheese until it forms a creamy mixture.
4. Mix all ingredients above (EXCEPT for the Parmesan Cheese), and salt and pepper to taste.
5. Marinate in fridge for at least 2 hours (the longer the better).
6. Top with shredded Parmesan cheese and cook in oven for 350 for 20 minutes or until cheese on top is brown and bubbly.