W.I.F.E

W.I.F.E: Would you rather have a successful career or successful marriage?

W.I.F.E {Why Isn’t Forever Easy}

I was attending a church service a while back when I heard my pastor ask this question to the congregation? He was speaking about family and the importance, along with the choices that women have to make. Would you RATHER have a successful career OR successful marriage? I quickly wrote the question down and thought it would be a great topic! I also kinda tuned him out for a minute and thought which would I rather have?

Ummmmm!?!?
It’s so hard for women to choose sometimes because men usually go to work. It’s just in them (and it should be) to work and take care of his family. With that being said, women have the children (literally) and are the nurturing ones. They take care of the family and the household in every way, although sometimes that includes the mother working outside the home. Sometimes it’s a full fledge career or just a job. Either way some women don’t always have the luxury of choosing (to work or not) BUT what if you could. Which would you choose?

I thought long and hard about it. If I had to choose… just had to choose, I would choose successful marriage. For me, the benefits of a successful marriage far out way the benefits of a successful career and that has alot to do with my children. What about you?

Now remember, I am not saying you can’t HAVE BOTH. I actually want BOTH but the question is IF you had to CHOOSE, what would you do?

Comments

comments

Your Unexpected Beauty (Yolanda)
    October 30, 2012 at 2:55 pm

I think it is a hard decision when a woman is passionate about their job/career. It wasn’t until I started my family that I found out that my any day of the week. But I will get out there and work if that was what my family needed of me.

Rochelle
    October 30, 2012 at 3:29 pm

I want both. I want to run my own business from my home so that I could be there for my husband and our son AND still fell fulfilled personally. It’s a struggle daily working outside the home. I hate it. I would much rather be at home taking care of my men.

KRISTEN
    October 30, 2012 at 6:30 pm

If i had to choose i would choose a successful marriage. My career wouldn’t be able to provide me with the love and care that my family would. My career could at anything but my family would be there for a lifetime.

KRISTEN
    October 30, 2012 at 6:30 pm

KRISTEN
    October 30, 2012 at 6:32 pm

If i had to choose i would choose a successful marriage my career wouldn’t be able to provide me with the love and care that my family would. My career could end at anytime but my family would be there for a lifetime.

October 31, 2012 at 2:22 am

Why can’t I have both this is one case where I want my cake an eat it too. Some people love their careers more than their family I think what would be great is to do your career before you got married and had a family that way you will be well established enough to handle both.

Katherine Phillips
    November 1, 2012 at 4:25 pm

I would rather have both but if I had to choose I would prefer to have a successful marriage. What’s a successful career if you aren’t happy in your marriage?

BusyWorkingMama
    November 3, 2012 at 11:53 am

I think in our case we have both. Luckily my husband and I both value our careers…and our marriage! Sharing career insight with each other is a key part of our marriage.