Maternity Monday: Does it really matter, a Boy or a Girl?

Last week I went to my regularly scheduled appointment. My husband hasn’t went this whole pregnancy, which really wasn’t a big deal. He told me I was a pro. Although, he did go to this appointment because he thought the doctor was going to tell me what is the sex of the baby. I laughed because I told him that this is not the appointment for that, the next one is. He still went because with our 2nd child we found out early by accident in addition to having the regular 20 week ultrasound appointment. So, he was hoping that would happen again. Well, it didn’t. I laughed at him because he just knew he was going to find out. He now has to come back in a few weeks to my next appointment to see if his 3rd child will be a boy or girl.

I was headed out to host a Mocha Mom event.
Shirt: Maternity (Ross), Pants: GW (Wet Seal), Scarf bought in Savannah
My husband & son desire a boy, of course! My daughter desires a girl. Me, it really doesn’t matter. I want a healthy, beautiful, smart, blessed, & highly favored child. I have pros and cons for both. Also, due to the fact I already have a boy and girl – I would honestly rather be surprised. You don’t get too many true surprises in life and I just think this would be awesome to wait. BUT the husband doesn’t want to wait. He says he just has to know. So when we do get the ultrasound, we are going to ask the doctor to write down the sex on a piece of paper so my husband can have some peace.

I have decided to find out at my baby shower. We actually planned to do a “Reveal Shower” and my husband will reveal the sex to everyone then (even me). I think that’s kind of different. I know people like to buy gender specific gifts, but I am ok with yellow and green. I will just feel blessed to get anything thing for my “Bonus Baby!”

Baby Update:
Head to rump, your baby is about 5 1/2 inches long (about the length of a bell pepper) and he weighs almost 7 ounces. He’s busy flexing his arms and legs — movements that you’ll start noticing more and more in the weeks ahead. His blood vessels are visible through his thin skin, and his ears are now in their final position, although they’re still standing out from his head a bit. A protective covering of myelin is beginning to form around his nerves, a process that will continue for a year after he’s born. If you’re having a girl, her uterus and fallopian tubes are formed and in place. If you’re having a boy, his genitals are noticeable now, but he may hide them from you during an ultrasound.

So let me ask you, did it really matter what you had? A boy or a girl? I knew I have always wanted one of each and I am glad God bless me with that. Now that I am getting a BONUS, I will honestly feel fine with either one. Don’t tell anyone, but I believe I already know what the baby is. I did the chinese calendar.

Comments

comments

MushyMamma(Daphne)
    September 24, 2012 at 1:25 pm

I can’t believe that you are half way there. Im am still so happy for you and can’t wait to celebrate the birth of this child with you. girl…. I couldn’t wait, I’d have to know. But like you said either way it is a blessing.

September 24, 2012 at 4:36 pm

I know! Almost half way there!! Almost!

Dani @ OKDani.com
    September 24, 2012 at 2:23 pm

Congrats!! I’m an ecstatic mommy myself. I wanted a girl until I actually got pregnant. I had so much drama before getting preggo. Then I just wanted whatever came to me healthy. I had a boy, and I hope to have a girl next…but am happy no matter what.

Mimi
    September 24, 2012 at 2:59 pm

With both of my pregnancies I got what I wanted! To increase my chances of having a girl the second time we researched the gender selection method and utilized positions and timing etc. (TMI!) to increase our likelihood of having a girl. Not sure if it worked or not but we had a girl. If I have another one I don’t want to know.

September 24, 2012 at 4:36 pm

Mimi! You really made me laugh with the TMI. But honestly I wanted a boy first and girl second. But we got it the other way around.

Joyce Brewer
    September 24, 2012 at 4:23 pm

We’re pretty unconventional.
    We didn’t find out what “Baby Kendrick” was and it was one of the greatest moments of my life to hear my husband say “It’s a boy!” when A.J. was born.

I never heard of a “reveal shower,” but I love the idea!

Katherine Phillips
    September 24, 2012 at 6:21 pm

It didn’t matter to me at all with either one of mine. With my daughter we didn’t find out. Even if we wanted to on the ultrasound she had her legs shut tight. We found out she was a girl at birth. I looked up and her vagina was in my face. Ha ha ha!! My son we found out at the ultrasound. We just wanted to do it differently. We were happy with what we got. Love them both no matter what.

Raisa Lefe'
    September 25, 2012 at 3:21 am

At first I thought it meant so much to me to have a girl. Now, as we are trying again, I truly don’t mind WHAT we have. I also had the idea of waiting to find out what we’re having when our 3rd comes-my hubby on the other hand said he’d definitely want to know the child’s sex. LOL I think he’d have a blast knowing something that I didn’t, because secretly it would drive me bonkers :o)

Tiffany
    September 25, 2012 at 11:24 am

I have six (4 girls and 2 boys) and everyone always asked what we wanted. I didn’t care, ever. I just wanted a healthy baby and trouble free pregnancy. My husband, of course, always wanted a boy. Until his daddy’s girls were born, lol!

Reveal showers are so much fun! My sister has a three month old boy, and they came over with a reveal cake when she was pregnant. Of course, with her pregnancy brain, she had already slipped up and said “he” more than once, but I didn’t point it out. 🙂 I posted about it way back, there is a really cute pic of both of them it their blue tongues sticking out! Wasn’t sure if I could share it here, but it’s on my blog under “It’s a Tobyn!”

LA Lynn's
    September 25, 2012 at 2:06 pm

Well, such is LUCK! I wanted a boy both go rounds but God blessed me with 2 beautiful girls and I wouldn’t have it any other way now!

At any rate, you are the cutest PREGGO woman I have saw you look truly amazing and all baby!

Xoxo
    Lynn

A Haute Mommy
    September 25, 2012 at 5:16 pm

It’s so great to know you’re so close in your pregnancy to mines and your third child as well. Thanks so much for stopping by. You look great. By the way I’m Kim and no I don’t live in Georgia. I live In South Carolina. I’m now following your blog and I’m going to look forward to your maternity Mondays to track your growth right along with mines. I just started blogging about my pregnancy which I will try to update on Wednesdays being that I’m a week closer on that day. I have two girls and both times I thought it was a boy and ultrasounds revealed it was a girl. I was kind of thrilled because I think it would be easier raising girls. This time I’m hoping for a boy simply because I don’t have one but I would be just as excited with another girl. If I had one of each I would want to be surprised the third time too. The reveal shower is a great idea. I’m planning a co-ed shower this time around.

Teems
    September 26, 2012 at 4:41 pm

For my first it really didn’t matter. However I think I will always be happy. A healthy baby is all I could ask for. I understand the wanting a surprise. We actually had the sex written on a paper and sealed in an envelope until we were ready to know. (On Christmas)

Agwina
    September 26, 2012 at 8:51 pm

I was gonna do the reveal shower and my husband was going to know (because he just had to know) he had looked at the CD and the curiosity just killed me, so we didn’t make it to the shower (I just had to know)lol.. But unlike you, I didn’t have both genders I had 2 boys & wanted it to be a girl, well that didn’t happen but I’m overjoyed that my big boy is healthy!